A wise business owner once said, “Happiness is a positive cash flow.”
As a business owner, I’m sure you agree. Everything is better when your cash-in exceeds your cash-out.
A cash crisis can be emotionally devastating and it can even kill your business. If you’ve ever had to beg, borrow and steal to cover tomorrows payroll you know what I mean.
Elements of a proper management system:
- know when, where, and how your cash needs will occur;
- know what the best sources are for meeting your additional cash needs;
- be prepared to meet these needs when they occur, by keeping good relationships with bankers and other creditors.
The starting point for avoiding a cash crisis is developing a detailed cash flow projection. We can help you develop both short-term (weekly, monthly) cash flow projections to help you manage daily cash, and long-term (annual, 3-5 year) cash flow projections to help you develop the necessary capital strategy to meet your business needs.
We also prepare historical cash flow statements to help you gain an understanding about where all the money went.
Creating an accurate cash flow projection is the start of proper cash management, the following should also be addressed:
- Obtaining an appropriate line of credit;
- Cash collection acceleration techniques;
- Effective collection policies;
- Effective payment policies;
Obtaining the maximum rate of return on your idle cash.