Receptionist / Operations Assistant
Being the “face” and the first impression of SPM&Co, whether in person, over the phone or via email ~ the right candidate will possess a professional demeanor and appearance, and exhibit a customer centric, adaptable, and winning personality. The ability to thrive and operate effectively in a fast paced and busy work environment is crucial! As a Receptionist/ Operations Assistant you are responsible for successfully maintaining an exceptional client experience. You should be passionate about delighting external clients and your own internal team.
Strong customer service, organizational & computer skills, and a high attention to detail.
2+ years of customer service (preferred) ideally within the Accounting, Legal, Financial and/or Banking industries.
Key Result Area:
Customer & team satisfaction and enthusiasm for working with us.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Warmly and courteously greet business or client visitors and answer basic questions and inquiries.
- Provide secretarial/clerical coverage in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Manage multi-line phone system; answer telephone within standards, direct calls to appropriate persons and take accurate messages.
- Secure client information. Portal management, scanning, filing, returning of client documents.
- Process and assembly of client tax returns and other client deliverable projects. “Delivery” of same to clients (via portal, in-office hand-off, and mail).
- Schedule client appointments as requested.
- Check outside lockbox daily and appropriately disseminate content.
- Maintain inventory of office, break room, and operational necessities, ordering when appropriate.
- Keep reception area, conference room, break room, and common spaces stocked, neat and organized.
- Mailing/ Handling of correspondence.
- Prepare, record, and make bank deposits.
- Identify and share opportunities for process, system, and work area improvements.
- Assist with collections with direction from management ~ sending of monthly statements, some collection calls (not many and not adversarial).
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships to strengthen customer loyalty and enhance company reputation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Promote teamwork and support other team members!
Desired Skills & Qualifications (either possessed or ability to obtain/learn):
- Exceptional professionalism, conduct and demeanor. Creates a positive first impression as individual and representative of SPM&Co.
- Willingness to learn, and ability to quickly absorb training and apply it to tasks presented.
- Strong service inclination and orientation. People are your passion. You take full responsibility of fostering friendly relationships.
- Active listening and questioning skills, with the ability to ask questions when uncertainties arise.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize various tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and to “big picture”.
- Demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Passion for quality, attention to detail, highly ethical, and results oriented individual.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to accept constructive criticism and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – ability to openly communicate with fellow staff members, ownership, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent telephone skills, computer and typing skills; skilled in Microsoft Outlook.
- Be self-motivated and reliable.
Your office space is inviting, open and bright ~ you are in the middle of it all. You do have to be able to traverse stairs during the course of the day (1 flight). Appropriate ergonomic considerations have been made including a standing desk (you don’t have to stand all day; it goes up and down).
This is a full-time, year-round position. Traditional business days (M-F), 8:30am to 5pm, with some need for additional hours, and a few half-day Saturdays leading up deadlines (mid-February through mid-April).
Competitive pay and benefit package offered, including paid time off, 10+ paid holidays per year, Summer Friday’s off, health insurance and retirement plan with company match
Accounting Associate (Senior/Junior)
We are seeking an accountant with terrific technical skills and accounting experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, who can “own” their projects and who is looking for a great place to grow in their career.
Key duties include:
- Prepare tax and accounting work papers;
- Review of the above (Senior)
- Prepare business and individual tax returns of various complexity;
- Review of the above (Senior)
- Perform tax planning and consulting projects;
- Conduct tax research.
- Junior Accounting Associate: 1+ years experience in public accounting with an emphasis on tax;
- Senior Accounting Associate: 3+ years experience in public accounting with an emphasis on tax;
- Credentials would be preferred:
- Certified Public Account (CPA) or active CPA candidate; or
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or active EA candidate.
- Willingness to learn, and ability to quickly absorb training and apply it to tasks presented;
- Ability to ask questions when uncertainties arise;
- Deadline driven with strong decision-making skills and ownership of projects;
- Passion for quality, attention to detail, highly ethical, and results oriented individual;
- Desire for continuous improvement;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Able to accept constructive criticism and maintain a professional demeanor;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – ability to openly communicate with fellow staff members, ownership and clients.
We offer a rewarding and challenging work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a collaborative environment. We understand the importance of balancing professional and personal lives. We look forward to your addition.
Competitive pay and benefit package offered, including paid time off, 10+ paid holidays per year, Summer Friday’s off, health insurance and retirement plan with company match.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer.