After experiencing tremendous growth (nearly doubled in last 4 years) our tax advisory and business consulting firm has two excellent job opportunities for individuals with a strong interest in accounting and tax work. We are looking to add a Tax Manager level person as well as another experienced (ideally) Accounting Associate. We feel that our firm offers a fun and rewarding culture with clients that value the work we do. The right people will be able to take this opportunity as far as they want.
We are seeking a Tax Manager with superior technical skills and accounting experience to join our team.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for leading a profitable functional area of the practice – leading the team and ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service.
This role also supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice and is key in retaining talented people through strong leadership and coaching/mentoring relationships.
This person is accountable to and will report directly to the Firm’s Principal.
- Review tax returns for accuracy and technical compliance for business entities, individuals, trusts and estates;
- Review tax and accounting work papers;
- Meet with clients to obtain tax and financial information;
- Supervise, coordinate, and review the work of junior team members;
- Represent clients in both federal and state tax audits (rare but necessary);
- Participate in management of tax services. Identify best practices and provide guidance as to build efficiencies and streamline processes;
- Engage in the training and professional development of team members. Provide evaluation and guidance of junior team members.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct team members as they work;
- Leadership and project management skills including the ability to successfully coach and mentor talented people;
- Ability to review and evaluate the work of others;
- Detail oriented and improvement focused;
- Technical expertise;
- Client relations: promote and enhance goodwill between the firm and the client;
- Client service: be responsive to client needs and ensure that each client receives quality service on a timely basis;
- Business development: look for new or additional ways that the firm can help the client;
- Work within strict deadlines which will often require overtime during tax season or other times throughout the year.
Key Performance Indicators
- Client satisfaction;
- Respect of Staff & Leadership;
- Firm profitability and other metrics related to efficiency (which are transparent to the team);
- Communication: keep engagement partner informed of significant events, problems, or opportunities related to the client.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- A minimum 5+ years of tax and related experience with a public accounting firm with emphasis on tax;
- Bachelor’s degree – in Accounting, Business, Finance, or the like;
- CPA certification or active pursuit;
- Professional flexibility to adjust schedule based on peak workload times/seasons;
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise;
- Entity taxation – Flow through entities (S-Corp, Partnerships, etc.) and “C” Corporations;
- Individual taxation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Health insurance;
- Retirement plan with company match;
- Paid time off (20 days PTO and additional 10+ Holidays);
- Flexible schedule;
- Summer Friday’s Off;
- Professional development assistance.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous;
- Detail-oriented – able to focus on the details of work and not lose sight of the bigger picture;
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Accounting Associate (Senior/Junior)
We are also seeking an accountant with terrific technical skills and accounting experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, who can “own” their projects and who is looking for a great place to grow in their career.
Key duties include:
- Prepare tax and accounting work papers;
- Review of the above (Senior)
- Prepare business and individual tax returns of various complexity;
- Review of the above (Senior)
- Perform tax planning and consulting projects;
- Conduct tax research.
- Junior Accounting Associate: 1+ years experience in public accounting with an emphasis on tax;
- Senior Accounting Associate: 3+ years experience in public accounting with an emphasis on tax;
- Credentials would be preferred:
- Certified Public Account (CPA) or active CPA candidate; or
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or active EA candidate.
- Willingness to learn, and ability to quickly absorb training and apply it to tasks presented;
- Ability to ask questions when uncertainties arise;
- Deadline driven with strong decision-making skills and ownership of projects;
- Passion for quality, attention to detail, highly ethical, and results oriented individual;
- Desire for continuous improvement;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Able to accept constructive criticism and maintain a professional demeanor;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – ability to openly communicate with fellow staff members, ownership and clients.
We offer a rewarding and challenging work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a collaborative environment. We understand the importance of balancing professional and personal lives. We look forward to your addition.
Competitive pay and benefit package offered, including paid time off, 10+ paid holidays per year, Summer Friday’s off, health insurance and retirement plan with company match.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer.